NS portability problem?

I worked with NS (vs 1) last summer at AT&T-Labs Research.
Since then, I have ftp'd my specific files, downloaded and compiled
NS on my new system where I am presently at.  I am now receiving
a segmentation fault - core dump error which will shut down the
whole simulator COMPLETELY!  Even the test cases that are incorported
in the downloaded version will not work.  Has anyone else ever
experienced this problem after trying to ftp their work (nothing
was changed) to another system?  I look forward to a reply.

--

                         \\|//
                        / 0 0 \
           ===========oo0=(_)=0oo=============