Re: Help xgraph style changing

> I have a problem in setting the xgraph line styles using Tcl script.
>
> I want to set the main data points to less denser style so that other
> miscellaneous points corresponding to rarer events, such as packet drops, can be
> plotted using thicker line styles. Otherwise they frequently merge in the main
> data points, black and white print outs.
>
> As I read in the xgraph man page, styles can be set using <digit>.style
> in the data set, where digit is between 0 and 7.
>
> If there is a way to set the line style using tcl, for example the "finish file" procedure
> in tests/misc.tcl in ns-1.4 distribution, please reply with a few Tcl sentences
> or point to a place that I can immediately look in.

I don't think there is a way you can easily do this.

The Style command can indeed change the line style, but it has no effect
on the marks.

The <digit> in the Style command refers to the data set number.  So to set
the line pattern for the "3rd" set, you would do

3.Style: 0000111100000

However, if you are on a color display, every color has to be gone through
before the style changes.  Since there are 8 colors, the 3rd style would
be applied to data sets 16-23.

But the style command has no effect on the markers used.     The best
thing to do would be to reorder the data in the file so that the desired
markers occurs.     Note that you can insert dummy data sets by including
sets with only one point in them.

I hope this helps,

										Jim
Jim Perreault