loss monitor

Hello,
	I am using ns-2.0. I wrote a small script which creates 2 nodes. I used CBR on one node and LossMonitor on the other. Also, I used monitor-queue to monitor the link beween these 2 nodes. The output I had is:
Output of state variables of the LossMonitor agent:
lossMonitor nlost: 0
lossMonitor nreceived: 531
lossMonitor expected: 531

Output of state variables due to monitor-queue:
parrivals_=534, pdrops_=0, pdepartures_=534

That is to say, the number of packets received by the LossMonitor is 531 which is less than the number reported when using the method  monitor-queue.
So, would you please report on how this happened?

Randa