Re: Snoop

$self install-error $src $dst $e1
should be $self install-error $e1 $src $dst

There is problem in the way install-error is called. error module
parameter is 3rd argument in that call, instead it should be 1st one.
This will solve the problem and now you will not have any error. But still
you will
have probem with behavior, because you will have similar outputs with
different error rates. And you will not have any loss even when you try
to force 10% error rate.

The problem is solved in later version of ns. I would recommend you to
download latest snapshot of ns and TclCL and work with that. I faced the
same problems in Feb and march and then downloaded the new version(ns-2.1b3)
(Hari told me to do that).
(you need to download the latest version of TclCL too)

Cheers. :-)

Miten.

Hi! > > I tried to run the snoop from the distribution of ns-2.1b2 but it
> dosen't work. This is the result of one attempt:
>
> > ns snoop.tcl -e 32768 -eu byte -stop 20 -ll Snoop -r
>
>     (_o63 cmd line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "_o63 cmd id"
>     invoked from within
> "catch "$self cmd $args" ret"
>     (procedure "_o63" line 2)
>     (SplitObject unknown line 2)
>     invoked from within
> "$n2 id"
>     (procedure "_o3" line 3)
>     (Simulator link line 3)
>     invoked from within
> "$ns_ link $src $dst"
>     (procedure "_o11" line 7)
>     (LanLink install-error line 7)
>     invoked from within
> "$self install-error $src $dst $e1"
>     (procedure "_o11" line 19)
>     (LanLink create-error line 19)
>     invoked from within
> "$lan create-error $node(0) $dstlist $opt(em) $opt(e) $opt(eu)  $opt(trans)"
>     invoked from within
> "if { [info exists opt(e)] } {
>         for {set i 1} {$i <= $opt(num)} {incr i} {
>                 lappend dstlist $node($i)
>         }
>         $lan create-error $node(0) $dstlist $opt(em)..."
>     (file "snoop.tcl" line 242)
> >

> I also tried the other variants that should work according to the
> comments in snoop.tcl
>

> What could be wrong?
>
> --
> /Ingela
>
> //The highway of life is always under construction. //
>
>  	        |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
>                 /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'

Miten N. Mehta                                 	Graduate Research Assistant
3902, Collegemain, #908				Computer Science
Bryan, 						Texas A & M University
Texas-77801.					College Station, TX-77843

Tel.#(409) 846 1451                            	(409) 845 5007
			E-mail# [email protected]
            Home Page : http://www.cs.tamu.edu/people/mmehta

	"UNTIL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE, KEEP ON WORKING FOR THAT"