Re: link failure problem.

Hi Tian,
       As fas as I know, the $ns upstream-node call just looks up the
routing table for the next hop. so you might want to check if
recomputation of the routing table is done after the link 0-1 goes down,
and the correct nexthop value is generated.

--Padma.

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Bu, Tian wrote:

> Hi, friends.
>
> Suppose there are several nodes connect together in this way.
>

>      ---|1|---|0|-------
>          |     |
>          -----|2|
>
> After the excution of   "$ns rtmodel-at 3.0 down $n0 $n1"
> When I want to get the nexthop from n1 to n0 by
> call "$ns upstream-node $n1 $n0", it still return the n0.
> why it not return n2 ? how can I get the return value as n2?
>

> Thanks
>

> :-)
> Tian B.

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar
ISI/USC.
310.822.1511 #352