Re: link failure problem.

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Bu, Tian wrote:

> > Hi Tian,
> >        As fas as I know, the $ns upstream-node call just looks up the
> > routing table for the next hop. so you might want to check if
> > recomputation of the routing table is done after the link 0-1 goes down,
> > and the correct nexthop value is generated.
>

> Thanks a lot, but how can I know the routing table is done?
>
> Tian,

For Session and DV (unicast rouitng) the routes get recomputed in
the event of a change in the topology. For details you might want to look
at the Unicast Routing (chpt 14) in the manual and example
scripts simple-rtg.tcl, detailedDM1.tcl etc.

so check if the routes do get recomputed as they should in
Simulator instproc compute-routes {} in ns-route.tcl
and the route lookup during upstream-node call gets the right nexthop.

--Padma.

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar
ISI/USC.
310.822.1511 #352