RE: First demo..

I got a very similar error under Linux when I first brought it up from
2.1b2.  However, fortunately, several of the other demos appear to work
(try rc.tcl), and it passes the installation tests.

Another one of the scripts, mac-test.tcl, also appears to have problems
in this release.

ns mac-test.tcl -mac Csma/Cd

sends it off into Infinitely-Compute-Bound-Land -- I gave up after more
than half an hour.

ns mac-test.tcl -mac Csma/Ca

appears to work, running a decent little script in a couple of minutes
or so (on my poor little 75MHz 486).

Several of the scripts listed in the online documentation at
http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/ns/ns-tests.html don't appear to be
present in the ns-allinone distribution:

test-tbf.tcl
test-suite-intserv.tcl
test-rlm.tcl
test-rcvr.tcl

I'm still very fuzzy on exactly what I'm doing, but I'm plowing ahead
anyway.  Currently I'm trying to add some code to ns, but I'm having
trouble.  I added my module to Makefile.in, then did

./configure --enable-debug

and it generated a Makefile for a statically-linked ns, and removed -ldl
from the list of libraries, but it won't link (under Red Hat 4.2)
because there's no libm.a.  So, I went back to the dynamically linked
version, and it links, but I get this error when I run it:

[rdv@omocha ex]$ ns rc.tcl
invalid command name "Simulator"
    while executing
"Simulator create _o1 "
    invoked from within
"catch "$className create $o $args" msg"
    (procedure "new" line 3)
    invoked from within
"new Simulator"
    (file "rc.tcl" line 10)

I suspect I've screwed up my configuration somehow, any suggestions?

btw Kannan, I've got a number of nit-picky editing suggestions for the
nice manual you're writing.

		--Rod