Re: ns v2 port to win32

> On Mon, 08 Jun 1998 13:58:55 -0000, Brad Williamson wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >  Please forgive me if this question has been answered before.
> >
> >  Has anyone ported ns v2 over to win32 using the gnuwin32 tools by
> >cygnus?
>
> No, but I would hope that it would ``just work'' since (Unix) ns
> already uses autoconf which runs under gnuwin32.  Let me know what
> happens if you try it out.
>
> (In the interests of full disclosure, ns-2 does include an
> (unsupported) makefile for MS Visual-C, so it should also build
> natively under Windows.)

I was able to compile ns-2 under Win95 using Visual C++ 5.0's nmake, and
have a working version (my own port,... nothing official :-), under my
ftp dir:
ftp://catarina.usc.edu/pub/ahelmy/ns-2.zip

I have to mod some pieces of the code (cuz they seemed not to compile,
and I'm not a compiler guru to get them to work by putting some switches
here and there)... here are a couple of things that I had to change (as I
recall):

using for (int i = 0 ...) { ... }
      for (int i = 0 ... ) ...
in the same function gives an error... had to remove the 2nd, 3rd..etc
definition of i,

using default vars (made up ex.):
	recv(Packet *P, Handle *h = 0); /* in .h file */
	recv(Packet *P, Handle *h = 0) { .... /* in .cc file */
	gives error... removed the =0 from .cc file and it was fine,

I should collect the problems I had and get them to Ya sometime,
or someone can come and tell me... oh, there was a very easy way to get
around it.. !! :-),

Regards,
-A