Re: Limited number of flows for CBQ links?

> From:  Marc Greis <[email protected]>
> To:    [email protected] (Kevin Fall)
> cc:    [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Limited number of flows for CBQ links?
> Date:  Fri, 12 Jun 1998 20:35:32 +0200
>
> Kevin Fall wrote:
> > > It seems like the flowid's for CBQ links can't be greater than 32. I
> [..]
> >
> > The 32 limit should only take effect in cases where you are using
> > nsv2 in v1 compatibility mode (there is a QueueMonitorCompat class which
> > has this limitation).  Were you encountering this problem *not* in
> > compat mode?
>
> Actually yes. I found a solution to the problem though, but forgot to
> mention in on the mailing list. Changing the '33' in the line
> 'set classifier [new Classifier/Hash/Fid 33]' in the file
> 'tcl/lib/ns-lib.tcl' solved the problem for me.
>
> Marc
>
> --
> Marc Greis                                     [email protected]

hmm, actually I can see how you got it to work, but you have
stumbled across a bug.  That number is supposed to be a hint for
sizing a hash table, not the absolute max # of flows... I'll have to check
this out.  In the meantime, what you are doing is fine.

thx,
- Kevin