coloured nodes in nams

Ingela Anderton wrote:

> Hi Judith
>
> Judith Mathewson wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > This is a really simple question that I am having trouble with in
nams.

> > I would like to make certain nodes of a different colour from the
rest
> > and I would like to do the same thing with links.  I was wondering
how
> > to do this,  I have tried with the following commands in the nam
script
> > file:
> >
> > ecolor $n1 $n2 green  # to make the link between n1 and n2 green
> > ncolor $n1 red                # to make the node n1 red
> >
> > However none of these colours appear, all the nodes and links are in

> > black.
> > I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
>
> I know you can color nodes by doing the following:
>
> set node(0) [$ns node]
> $node(0) color "blue"
>
> You can color packets by setting a colorindex corresponding to the
packts
> flow ID to a certain color.
>
> ex:
> $ns color 1 red
>
> set tcp [new Agent/TCP]
> $tcp set fid_ 1
>
> Will make the packets sent by this tcp agent red.
>

> I don't know how to color the link :(
>
> --
> /Ingela
>
> //The highway of life is always under construction. //
>
>                 |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
>                 /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
>                |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
>               '---''(_/--' (_/-'

  Hi everyone,

I have tried all the hints that you have given me without any success.
I am
working with PIM-SM.  I would like to be able to have colored nodes in
my
nam.  I have tried writing

set node(0) [$ns node]
$node(0) color "blue"

in my script to run PIM-SM but it doesn't work.  I get an error message
saying:

_o76: unable to dispatch method color
    while executing
"$n14 color "blue""

I have tried the command

ecolor $n1 $n2 green  # to make the link between n1 and n2 green
ncolor $n1 red                # to make the node n1 red

in my nam script file but it just gives me black nodes and links.

I would appreciate any hints that anyone could give me.

Thanks ,

Judith