ns evaluation

Hello everyone,

My name is Huseyin Cenk Ozmutlu. Curretly, I working on a project
involving network simulation. We are evaluating different simulation
packages and ns is one of the packages. I went over the ns-users mailing
list but I couldn't find satisfactory answers to my questions which are
presented below. We will present our results at july 1st, therefore I
would appreciate any response.

My questions are:

1- Is it possible to create different size packets according to a
probability distribution everytime a packet is generated during a FTP or
Telnet connection?

2- Is it possible arrange random interarrival times between packets
generated? I know it is done in Source/Telnet object, but how about in
FTP and traffic generating objects?

3- I will create a background traffic in my simulation. I am planning to
use Traffic/Pareto object. My question is what does happen to dropped
packets that belong to traffic objects (dropping may caused by either
queue length limitations or a link going down). Are those packets sent
again? And is there any other option to create background traffic other
than Expoential, Pareto and Trace traffic objects?

Thanks a lot everybody

H. Cenk Ozmutlu