Re: Need help in debug

> From: "T.Srinivasa Rao" <[email protected]>
> Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 23:19:05 +0530

> Kannan, Thanks for the mail. I am using gdb only for the purpose. I also
> recompiled ns with tcl-debug included. With this in place, I am able single-step
> through the TCL scripts..

Good.

> I guess you are talking about the stuff under the heading 'Mixing Tcl and C
> debugging'. I am having little difficulty in understanding this script.
> I am very first-time user of ns as well as TCL scripts.. Some explanation
> regarding what each step is doing may be helpful to a beginner like me.

OK, we'll try to get that cleaned up as you suggest.

> I started ns in debug mode with gdb. And passed the my test script along
> with the required options. Then I am confused how to the breakpoint on
> 'AddressClassfier' as mentioned in the script..

Our web pages do not describe how to do C++ debugging through gdb,
or Tcl debugging through tcl-debug, assumming that there are better
sources of documentation for these.  For gdb, the info pages that
come with it are quite good, and for tcl-debug, Don Libes' paper
(don't have it handy, pls.  get to this URL through our web pages).

The hard part is what I call "crossover" debugging, i.e. you are
debugging a C++ method, and need to switch to debugging Tcl code,
or vice versa.  Our web pages suggest some ways of doing this.

The example in particular is, if you are stopped at a gdb breakpoint,
how do you switch to the tcl-debugger.

Hope this helps,

Kannan

--