Re: (no subject) (fwd)

> From: Peng Wei <[email protected]>
> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 08:33:12 +0800

> I'm a new user of ns and I intend to use ns to simulate a network with
> multicast traffic and unicast traffic simultaneously. The network should
> be composed by some nodes with multicast capability and other nodes
> without. Moreover, some nodes are mobile. Say, its link through which it
> attach to the network may be changed over time. My questions are :
>    Does ns support this kind of simulation ? If it is, how to creat the
> nodes with different capabilities ?

The mixed (unicast only node, and unicast + multicast node)
simulations, as Kannan pointed out, is not supported in NS by default.
Although you may be able to write scripts that produce a mixture of
unicast only and multicast nodes, the current multicast protocols in NS
do not support tunneling, and may not operate properly unless all the
nodes are running multicast.
	Why do you want this mix of nodes, are you trying to simulate the
Mbone ?!

Regards,
-Ahmed