daily snapshot make note

Building the ns daily snaphost grabbed 24 June 1998 on Solaris 2.5.1
Generic_103640-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-30 tcl 7.6, tk4.2:

using configure --disable-static (necessary to avoid fatal: library
-ldl not found errors on Solaris - still haven't figured out how to
fix the dynamic stuff properly...) etc.

mem-trace.h: In method `MemTrace::MemTrace()':
In file included from scheduler.cc:47:
mem-trace.h:37: warning: implicit declaration of function `int
getrusage(...)'
[..]
mem-trace.h: In method `MemTrace::MemTrace(...)':
In file included from tclAppInit.cc:78:
mem-trace.h:37: warning: implicit declaration of function `int
getrusage(...)'

...and that's it. Under Solaris rusage is defined in <sys/rusage.h>
according to man rusage [rusage(1B)  (SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package
Commands)], but since that header file is not in our /usr/include/sys
directory on any of our Solaris 2.5.1 or 2.4 machines, and getrusage
isn't defined in any other header file I could find, I simply
uncommented the definition in the

extern "C" {
// should pick this up in a system file
//      int getrusage(int who, struct rusage* rusage);
}

extern instead;  doing a system-file include as the comment suggests
could be problematic here for Solaris users...

Building ns certainly seems to be getting much easier for me!

Cheers,

L.

<[email protected]>PGP<http://www.sat-net.com/L.Wood/>+44-1483-300800x3641