Re: daily snapshot make note

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Kannan Varadhan wrote:

> Lloyd,
>
> Just a minor clarification:
>
> > [*] http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns-build.html
> >     nam's not listed as optional under 'Getting the pieces' with a link
> >     and how-to - well, ns doesn't exactly _depend_ on nam, but then
> >     it doesn't depend on xgraph etc either.
>
> The packages, nam and xgraph, are not listed as optional
> in the ns-build page because:

actually, xgraph _is_ listed as optional on the build page.

'xgraph (optional, but needed for test suites)'

and nam is listed as 'optional component' under 'Getting everything at
once', which makes its absence under 'Getting the pieces' seem odd
IMO.

Page last-modified Thursday, 25-Jun-98 20:27:06 GMT
Content Length: 9726

> the examples and test
> validation test suites in ns expect and use these packages.
> The examples and test suites are integral to the ns core.

Well, since tcl/ex/mcast.tcl etc requires nam to see anything, I'd
say something like this under 'getting the pieces':

'nam (optional, available for viewing output of a number of examples).'

Cheers,

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>PGP<[email protected]>