Re: NS question

> From: Manor Shiri <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:03:24 +0300

> Hi all,
> I want to write Agent that run above TCP,
> The Agent should know about all the nodes in the network.

$ns all-nodes-list	returns a list of all nodes in the topology.

> He should be able to send messages to subgroup of his neighbors.

$node neighbors		returns a list of the neighbours for $node

> He should know who he got the message from.
> My questions are:
> 1. Did anyone did something like that.

yes

> 2. Can I use few TCP agents (one for each link) on the same node, that
>    will be attached to my one agent.

probably.

> 3. Class Agent has field _dst which means that it can have
>    one destination, so how can I have agent with more than
>    one destination.

The distance vector agent, Agent/rtProto/DV, sends unicast route
updates to each neighbor in turn.  The updates are tailored depending
on the node it sends the updates to.  The code for this is in
~ns/tcl/rtglib/route-proto.tcl.

> 4. FTP source is written in TCL and TELNET source is written in
>    C++ , is there special reason for that.
> 5. Do you have any suggestion on how should I do it.

Kannan

--
[email protected]
http://www.isi.edu/~kannan