Re: dump-routes

> From: Bing Chen <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:50:28 PDT

> ns: my-dump-routes _o11 file5: syntax error in expression "!SplitObjectCompare"
>     while executing
> "if ![info proc SplitObjectCompare] {
> puts stderr "$class::$proc failed.  Update your TclCL library"
> return
> }"
>     (procedure "_o144" line 4)
>     invoked from within

Hi Bing Chen,

I coded that early, and possibly coded it incorrectly.
The code should be (and I am just looking at the current release,
and find it is still incorrect):

    if {[info proc SplitObjectCompare] == ""} {
        # XXX: in tcl8 we need to find this in the global namespace
        if {[info proc ::SplitObjectCompare] == {}} {
            puts stderr "${class}::${proc} failed.  Update your TclCL library"
            return
        }
    }

These are the first few lines of rtObject::dump-routes in
~ns/tcl/rtglib/route-proto.tcl.  You can either change the
lines as shown above, or comment it out entirely, and
recompile ns.

Kannan

--
[email protected]