Some questions about routing

Kannan,

Thanks for your reply for my questions. Here I have some more about
routing that I want to ask you.

1). If a link is up, a packet can always been sent to a neighbor with
Direct routing, right?

2). In rtProtoDV.cc, method 'sendpkt' sends the packet to the neighbor.
What is stored in variable 'target_'? The destination is stored in 'dst_'.
It is an Agent variable. How can ns know what is the destination for the
packet?

3). In route-proto.tcl, method Agent/rtProto/DV 'send-to-peer', only the
$id of msg_ is sent. Is msg_ something like a static variable so that
every Agent/rtProto/DV object can read it?

4). In route-proto.tcl, peers_ stores the rtPeer object for each
neighbors, right?

5). What is stored in nextHopPeer_?

Thanks,
Gang Xu
Department of CS                        Tel: (205)348-0996(O)
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa       http://www.eng.ua.edu/~gxu