IP's segmentation and code methods

 I am L.Garbo undergraduate student by University of Bologna, I'd like to ask
> you some in-depht notices as regards Ns-2 simulator.Thesis on which I work
> expectc use of this simulator to implement a broad-band net.This net uses time
> division optical packets called OTP-N (1) , in which IP's packet are insterted
> in function of their lenght. A fundamental role in political administration of
> these packets is played by MTU parameter of IP's header with wich could be
> administrated on OTP-N queue.Because in Ns-2 this field (MTU) is not
> implemented in the IP's header (respectively in Ip.cc and Ip.h files) , I'd
> like to ask you how IP's segmentation is administrated by Ns-2 , if it does ,
> and in which code files procedures of administration are located.
> I had problems also as regard creation of a link which use OTP-N,because it
> could be implemented as a frame of byte of CBR type leaved by node even T
> seconds, while OTP-N is more elestic in case of it's used as an information cont
> ainer
> and it could also result incompletely empty.Finally I'd like to ask you how
> is possible to implement a link with OTP-N packets (also here MTU is fundamental)
> using Ns-2 and where are methods code files of Tcl classes , for example:
> alloc(); in Packet.h or Packet.cc
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you
> Best regards

  (1) M.Renaud, F.Masetti,C.Guillemot, B.Bostica "Network and System Concepts
for Transparent Optical Packet Switching",invited paper, special issue of IEEE
Communication magazine on "Optical Research and development in Europe", April
1997 , pp.96-102