ns and simplex links in nam files?

ns 2.1b2 and recent daily snaphots don't appear to put link
information in output.nam files for simplex links, although they do
for duplex links. As a result, mixing simplex and duplex links results
in only the duplex links and their nodes being drawn by nam; if you
have mixed the two in your network you will end up with lots of
disconnected sections.

If you run a simple script setting up a duplex-link between 0 and 1
and sending traffic from 0 to 1, change that to simplex-link and run
it again, and compare the output files, you'll see that the lines
beginning 'l' specifying the links are missing from the simplex-link
out.nam file, and that nam has nothing to show you when the simulation
is played back.

Are there any obvious workarounds, fixes, or reasons for this that I
don't know about? Since the networks I'm modelling at present are static,
running the fully-duplex equivalent simulation to get the necessary
l -t * etc
lines, which I then cut-and-paste into the simplex out.nam, strikes me
as an immediate workaround for setting up the initial network for very
simple cases. I'm not sure about more complex cases where links are
set to fail under certain conditions, etc.

thanks,

L.

(btw, nam 1.0a4 is coping with the equivalent fully-duplex topologies
I'm throwing at it extremely well - I couldn't see simulated Manhattan
meshes, cylindrical meshes or fully-fourway-connected toroidal meshes
at all with 0.8, but 1.0a4 handles these easily and clearly with
autolayout - although links cross, of course. Now, if only I could
rotate the network in 3D or have shading of crossing links to give
some separation and depth...)

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>PGP<[email protected]>