Re: any work on web caching?

Hi, Kai,

I'm using ns to study web caching consistency protocols. I'm not aware
of anybody else doing the same thing.

I think the main obstacle of using ns to do web caching is to transmit
application data (HTTP headers) in ns, which is not supported currently. I
have a hack to make it work, but I think there's plan to support that in
the near future. I think the recent introduction of Application class (in
daily snapshot), which provides socket-like interfaces, brings ns one step
closer to that.

- Haobo