Re: How to know which neighbor send the packet

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Gang Xu wrote:

> Hi, George and Chetan,
>
> Thanks for all you helps. I tried both ways tonight.
>
> First, I tried George's way. However, ip_hdr->src() only returns the
> address of the source agent. :-(
>
> I believe Chetan's suggestion is correct, but I still met some problems.
>
> I cann't find 'ifaceGetNode' instproc in ns-node.tcl. I 'grep'ed all the
> Node instproc under ~/tcl/lib and still cann't find it. Then I used

ifaceGetNode is defined in ~/tcl/mcast/ns-mcast.tcl.

I do find the placement of instproc's a little strange - is there a reason
for smearing instproc's of a class all over the place (like "place the
instproc with the functionality that caused it to be defined in the first
place") or was it just "how it happened" (in that case, is there a cleanup
planned sometime?) ? Developers? (If you're ever looking for a vote on
this, I'd vote for putting all instproc's of a class in one file, grouped
by the functionality they support or were required for)

> hdr_cmn to get the iface_. In my recv() method in C++ code, I use
> 	hdr_cmn* cmnh = (hdr_cmn*)p;
> to get the common header and use
> 	cmnh->iface()

The usual (and recommended) way to get to a packet header is to use
access(). In this case:

hdr_cmn *cmnh = (hdr_cmn *) p->access(off_cmn_);
iface = cmnh->iface()

-Chetan