Re: what is wrong with iface_?

> From: Gang Xu <[email protected]>
> Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 23:29:20 CDT

> I tried to read the iface_ from the 'common' header of a packet using
> 	hdr_cmn* cmnh = (hdr_cmn *) p->access(off_cmn_);
> and
> 	cmnh->iface();
> However, no matter for which node, I always get -2 for the iface_. After I
> pass it to 'ifaceGetNode', it only returns -1.

The iface() code requires adding the Interface objects on the link.
However, adding these objects reduces the compositionality of these
links; this problem is being addressed, and will be fixed shortly,
but will not be fixed in this current release.

Please see http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/mcast.html for additional
information.

Kannan

--