Re: ns-allinone 2.1b3 problems

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Jonah Petri wrote:

>     I am having a problem with either nam or with ns in the new (2.1b3)
> version.  When I run ns on a file, it finishes its run without
> complaint, but when nam launches, it gives me an error message and then
> exits:
>
> $ ns example1.tcl
> $ nam: unknown event at offset 21 in "out.nam"
> nam: 'V -t * -v 1.0b6 -a 0
> '
>
> Is anyone else having these problems?

Yes; I noted this for daily snapshots at the end of:

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/9806/0161.html

but wasn't able to build a recent nam snapshot on Solaris to verify
that this was a planned change in behaviour.

I simply dropped back to nam1.0a4/ns2.1b2 so that I could see what I
was doing with nam. Building a recent nam snapshot might fix the
interaction with 2.1b3.

Cheers,

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>PGP<[email protected]>