multicast error

I to am getting the same error when I run some of the multicast
examples. (I am using ns version 2.1b3.) Specifically the
simulations: tcl/ex/test-rlm.tcl, tcl/ex/mcast.tcl, and
tcl/ex/newmcast/mcast1.tcl (and 2 and 3).  The error seems to be
coming from the file: tcl/mcast/ns-mcast.tcl.  Has anyone found a
solution to this problem?

Thanks, Hugh

> Shuqian Yan wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am having troubles to build ns since last week, the original problem was the
> same problem pointed out by Ron van Meter, since our system has upgraded the gcc
> compiler from 2.7.x to 2.8.1, and the ns verison I was using is ns-2.1b2(along
> with Tcl 7.6, Tk 4.2, otcl 0.96 and tclcl-1.0b5)
>
> I downloaded ns-2.1b3(the latest release version), otcl-1.0a3, Tcl/Tk8.0 and
> tclcl-1.0b6 piece by piece from the home page and install it as a completed new
> package on my system (solaris  2.6). After many tries, it managed to build ns
> successfully at the end.
>
> BUT I CAN'T RUN THE TCL EXAMPLES GIVEN IN THE TCL/EX, given these error messages
> below,
>
>  jupiter% ../../ns mcast.tcl
> ns: _o3 run-mcast: invalid command name "0"
>     while executing
> "[$link set ifacein_] set intf_label_"
>     (procedure "_o10" line 3)
>     (Node get-oif line 3)