Re: OTcl 1.0a2 typo fix

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:04:48 BST, Lloyd Wood wrote:
>Building OTcl 1.0a2 with Tcl 7.6 here to replace 0.96; given the
>errors I'm getting compiling the current nam snapshot, I'll try
>anything...
>
>line 463 of otcl.c (in amongst compiler directives setting different
>error info for Tcl 7.x/8 - not tested with 7.x?):
>
>  Tcl_AddErrorInfo(int, msg);
>
>should in all probability be the more sensible:
>
>  Tcl_AddErrorInfo(in, msg);
>
>However, later errors concerned with Tcl_Namespace and
>Tcl_NamespaceDeleteProc (lines 2040 and 2130 of otcl.c) appear to
>explicitly require Tcl 8.0; they're not dummied in the
>version-specific stuff up top of otcl.c.

Your line numbers don't match what I see in
<http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/otcl-1.0a3.tar.gz>,
and I don't see the "int" problem in that code.
Please check to make sure you have the same code was was released.

However, the namespace code is in what was released (at line 2116)
and probably must be ifdef'ed out for tcl-7.6.

We would like for otcl to support tcl-7.6,
but I think all VINT machines use 8.0 now.
The changes to make otcl work with 7.6 should be easy
(just put #if TCL_MAJOR_VERSION >= 8 around the namespace code),
so if you want to try back-porting it, please let me know.

   -John Heidemann