Re: Help with LAN

Hello Vivek, I am sorry that you have had to wait for my answer, but I
have been away on vacation the last three weeks.
Vivek Venkatachalam wrote:

> Hi Ingela, I am trying to simulate a smple
> ethernet LAN using NS and keep running into a problem which is an
> error stating: "class LanLink: constructor failed: _o11: unable to
> dispatch method init-all-var" I was going thru the ns-users mailing
> list when I saw ur posting about simulating a small lan with a
> mobile host. Di u have similar problems while constructing a new lan
> ? If so, how did you solve the proble? Also, would it be possible
> for u to email me any script u might have written that just
> simulates a simple Ethernet LAN with 3 nodes. Or if you had any
> other suggestions, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks a lot for
> your time, vivek I

I found in some distribution scripts the method newLan that I use to
create a lan. For example:

   set lan [$ns newLan $nodelist $opt(bw) $opt(delay) \
	    -llType LL -ifqType $opt(ifq) \
	    -macType $opt(mac) -chanType $opt(chan)]

I also think the method addNode can be usefull:

$lan addNode [list $node($newnode)]  $opt(bw) $opt(delay) $opt(ll) $opt(ifq) $opt(mac) $opt(ll)

Visualization of lans in nam doesn't seem to be working at the
moment. But I haven't had time to compile the latest version since I
came back.

--
/m.v.h. Ingela

//The highway of life is always under construction. //