Re: cbq-with RED

> From:  Kedarnath Poduri <[email protected]>
> To:    [email protected]
> Subject: cbq-with RED
> Date:  Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:12:58 PDT
>
> hi,
> 	Is there a way of getting a 'handle' to a particular queue within a CBQ
> link in order to trace the variables of that queue (or how do we trace the
> variables of a particular queue in a CBQ link)?

once you have a handle to the CBQ class (say, 'cbqcl'), you should be able
to do this:

	set classq [$cbqcl qdisc]

If you want stats regarding the class you get its associated queue-monitor:

	set classqmon [$cbqcl qmon]

> 	Why do the execution times stretch enormously when CBQ-queues are used
> with RED instead of DropTail?

that sounds like a good question.  Do you have a sample script that
reproduces it?

- K