Re: [Chetan Rai <[email protected]>] Re: Help with LAN

> > Thanx a million Giao. After updating tclcl, make-lan does not complain.
> > This has however exposed another problem - multicast routing (CtrMcast)
> > does not work with the LAN I have in my small topology - if there are
> > other paths, they are used instead. If the LAN has to be used, no pkts are
> > received at the destination, and I get "wrong incoming interface"
> > messages. It seems that ch->iface() is not modified when a packet is sent
> > over a LAN link, cos it stays the same as it was on the previous hop. Any
> > solutions / suggestions ?
> >
> > Thanx,
> > Chetan.
>
> Currently, LAN does not support multicast (because I'm not an expert).
> I'm currently discussing this with the USC/ISI people, so hopefully, the
> next release will support multicast over LAN.

In addition,... I think CtrMcast does not support LANs (since it is
centralized)... you can confirm this from Polly Huang
([email protected])... you may want to try a detailed mulitcast
routing agent (like detailedDM) and see what happens (to make things work
you'd probably have to set the mac dest address of the multicast packets
to 0 so that it gets broadcast over the LAN)...

As Giao pointed out, we are working on this,..

Regards,
-A