Re: Traffic concentration on a link

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Shuqian Yan wrote:

> I am also having similar question in measuring the traffic ocncentration of a
> link in the network. How to quantify the traffic concentration, in terms of # of
> packets traversing the link or else?
>
> Could anyone give some advise on this?
>
> Tks,
>
> shuqian

	I presume that the question of Dafir was quite different.

	a) If you want to monitor the number of packets traversing a link,
use the flow monitor.

	b) As for Dafir (if I understood well his question). He wants to
monitor the waiting time at the nodes and so on. The brute force method is
to extract the information needed from the trace files produced by the
simulation. For each link and packet, you have the enqueue and dequeue
times. From this information, it is straightforward to extract whatever
you need.

Saad (Ecole Superieure de Technologie de Fes (Morocco)).

Saad Biaz (Abou Youssef & Rim(???))	Graduate Research Assistant
Texas A&M University			Office : (409) 845-5007
Department of Computer Science		Home   : (409) 862-9135
College Station, TX, 77843-3112         Fax    : (409) 847-8578