Re: problem in tutorial..

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Hamid Mahmood Syed wrote:

> Hi, i am a new user of ns..i was trying to gothrough the tutorial on
> web..i wrote the example1.tcl script and run with 'ns example1.tcl'..an
> error message is output.
> .<shamid@aphrodite> ns example1.tcl
> > ns: finish: couldn't execute "nam": permission denied

if your working directory is the ns directory, you're trying to
execute the nam directory - a bunch of ns/nam integration files that
don't appear to be compiled in, as far as I can tell.

try putting the directory that the nam binary is in on your shell's
path.

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>PGP<[email protected]>