problem while compiling octl

Dear SIr/madam,

I was having problem while running 'configure',
how do i solve this ?

your help is very much appreciated

Junnaini Ismun
Univ. Malaya
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

fk-comm 41# pwd
/comm_disk2/fk/pg/elek/ns/otcl-1.0a3
fk-comm 42# ./configure
No .configure file found in current directory
Continuing with default options...
checking host system type... mips-sgi-irix6.4
checking target system type... mips-sgi-irix6.4
checking build system type... mips-sgi-irix6.4
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) no
checking for c++... (cached) c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.
fk-comm 43#