Help on packet fragmentation

Hi ns users,

I would like to implement a simple packet fragmentation.
That is, whenever a node or queue receives a packet
having a size bigger than MTU, this packet will be
fragmented into several pieces and send them along.

I tried the following procedure but failed:
1. duplicating the original packet,
2. changing the packet size of the duplicate to MTU, and
3. send it out.
4. Goto 1. if the remaining pkt size is still bigger than MTU

However, it causes lots of problems at all downstreams node.
I guess it is 'cause the fields of the packet fragments are all
identical.

Has anybody got a hint how I can do it?

Thanks in advance,

-- Keith.
Keith HungKei Chow
Network Architecture Lab, Communication Group,
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Toronto
Ontario, Canada.
Tel: (416) 978-1611
Fax: (416) 978-4425