Re: QueueMonitor in ns

Shuqian:

> Two questions, hope any ns-users will help to answer.
>
> In QueueMonitor objects, what is the difference between the statitics collected
> for variable, e.g. the parrivals_ & pktsInt_? I assume they all collect the
> running sum of the # of packets received on a link.

parrivals_ measures the number of many packets that were enqueued in the
(output) buffer corresponding to the link.

pktsInt_ integrates over time the buffer's queue size (in packets). So this
var is related to, but not the same as parrivals_.

> Which state variable track the # of packets in transit on a link? parrivals_ or
> pdepartures_?

pdepartures_ measures the packets ever sent over the link. Note that
parrivals_ = pdrops_ + pdepartures_. I'm not aware of a proper means in ns-2
to measure the number of packets currently being "on the wire".

Hope it helps,

    -Chris.