Re: question about agent

> From: Gang Xu <[email protected]>
> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:23:32 CDT

> I have two different agents attached in the same node. Here are my
> questions:
>
> 1. Can these two agents know each other so that they can call each
> other's public methods?
>
> 2. Can one agent send packet to the other?
>
> If the answers are yes, how can I do that?

yes, and yes.

1.  In C++, Tcl::lookup(char* s) takes an object string and converts
into a C++ object handle.  Pass the otcl peer agent handle to your agent
through the command methods, and translate that into a C++ object.
Specific details about these methods are in the documentation.

2.  How does any agent send packets to any other agent?  Why should it
be different when the two are in the same node?

Hope this helps,

Kannan

--
[email protected]