Re: Asymmetric Link???

> From:  [email protected] (Harlisya Harun)
> To:    [email protected]
> cc:    [email protected], [email protected]
> Subject: Asymmetric Link???
> Date:  Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:48:00 BST
>
> Hi,
> 	I am a bit confuse about these two terms: Asymmetric and Source Asymmet
ric, for example:

I didn't write this stuff (someone on the ns-users list might be
able to clarify better), but it looks to me like asym means
the TCP source and sink use
special knowledge designed for asym links [in the case of the
receiver this means reacting to ACK congestion],
whereas 'asymsrc' only uses the asym source TCP and instead
uses a conventional TCP receiver [no special handling of ACKs].

- K