Re: Question about two agents attach to one node?

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Tom Henderson wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Wenjie Weng wrote:
>
> > I create two nodes.  Node 0 [n(0) in my script] has two agents attached
> > to it. One uses FTP source object (the packet size for this traffic is
> > 1000), the other uses TELNET source object (the packet size is 50). Node
> > 1 also has two agents attached to it. When I run this simulation, the trace
> > file shows only the FTP source are transmitted. Can any one tell me why?
> >

> Telnet sources do not immediately send a packet upon starting (they wait
> for a timeout).

RFC 896 - Nagle algorithm, one presumes. That mentions an imposed
delay of 200-500ms for various telnet and X.25 PAD implementations to
collect keypresses together into fewer packets; I didn't realise it
would affect telnet startup too...

Cheers,

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>PGP<[email protected]>