selection of CPR/CBSR in pim

Hi, Ahmed

I have a question on the selection of CRP/CBSR in the pim protocol.

Since the selction of RP will affect te performance of the routing protocol, can
I use a random # generator to generate the 0 or 1 in the list [...]. My question
is,

(1) Is every router in the topology has to be configured? looks likes it is the
case, right?

(2) What does "1" in the list[...] mean? the router has been elected as a
candidate RP/BSR?? and what does "0" mean ?

(3) Why in some pim node configurations, the list only contains one argument,
the first argument? so is that right to say every router is being configured as
being CRP(in the case of "1") and not being a CRP (in the case of "0"), what
about CBSR &priority field configuration, ignored or there is some sort of
default?

(4) If the CBSR has been configured as "1" in 2nd argument of list[...], what
should be the priority field-the 3rd argument in the list[...]? should that be
"0" or "1", and what "1" or "0" in that field stands for?

pls help to clarify.

Tks,

shuqian Yan