Help with make-lan

When I run a script that uses make-lan ns ends with an error that seems
to indicate it can't locate the method "classifier" as it attempts to
execute addNode.

I started with the ns-allinone-2.1b3 installation on a Linux RedHat 5.1
system.  It installed and compiled correctly.  I then upgraded both ns
and nam to the snapshot versions (nam first then ns).  The ns snapshot
from around August 25th first showed the problem.  It also occurs with
the ns snapshot from August 30th.  Note that this error also occurs with
snoop.tcl.

The ns-allinone-2.1b3 installation does not exhibit this problem, but I
would like to use the later version as 2.1b3 does not support nam
tracing of lans.

Below is the error output from ns:

    (_o42 cmd line 1)
    invoked from within
"_o42 cmd classifier _o38"
    invoked from within
"catch "$self cmd $args" ret"
    (procedure "_o42" line 2)
    (SplitObject unknown line 2)
    invoked from within
"$mac classifier $mcl_"
    (procedure "_o36" line 17)
    (LanLink addNode line 17)
    invoked from within
"$lan addNode $nodelist $bw $delay $llType $ifqType $macType"
    (procedure "_o3" line 3)
    (Simulator make-lan line 3)
    invoked from within
"$ns make-lan "$MTC $Dummy1 $Dummy2 $NMSCRouter" 100Mb 4us LL
Queue/DropTail Mac/Csma/Cd"
    (file "ttac3.tcl" line 57)

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

                                    Eric.