Daily snapshot build comments - getrusage/Sparc 20 fixed

I noticed that the ns changes page now list 31 Aug alterations to
autoconf re: getrusage by John, so I thought I'd see how a build of an
ns daily snapshot grabbed today worked on the Solaris 5.4 Sparc20s
where I'd been noting problems with getrusage.

(in http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/dist/archive/ns-users/9808/0176.html )

The answer is "much better":

mem-trace.h: In method `void MemInfo::checkpoint()':
In file included from scheduler.cc:49:
mem-trace.h:72: warning: implicit declaration of function `int
sbrk(...)'

is all that appears, and no longer aborts the compile.

Also noted from the compile:

traffictrace.cc: In method `int TraceFile::setup()':
traffictrace.cc:150: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
traffictrace.cc:168: warning: implicit declaration of function `int
htonl(...)'

tcp-newreno.cc: In method `int
NewRenoTcpAgent::allow_fast_retransmit(int)':
tcp-newreno.cc:93: warning: unused parameter `int last_cwnd_action_'

red.cc: In method `void REDQueue::trace(class TracedVar *)':
red.cc:506: warning: assignment to `char *' from `const char *'
discards const
red.cc:507: warning: assignment to `char *' from `const char *'
discards const
red.cc:508: warning: assignment to `char *' from `const char *'
discards const

and the compile of this snapshot is unfortunately terminated by:

win32.c:267: unterminated string or character constant
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `win32.o'

 - another C++ style // comment in a C source file. Not sure why win32.c
   is included under Solaris, though. Once that's fixed to /* */ and
   rebuilt, validate runs nicely.

As for Sparc20/Ultra (5.5.1) compatibility, a binary built on the
Sparc20 works on the Ultra, and vice versa. Hurrah!

thanks,

L.
back to running lots of simulations in parallel.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>PGP<[email protected]>