Re: Trouble with ref scenario generation

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Ashish Mishra wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been trying to run the reference scenarios at
> http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns-scengeneration.html with my group's
> implementation of RM.  While the libraries work fine with SRM, the program
> crashes after about 6-8 packets when running it with my algorithm.
> When I set the multicast protocol to DM the error message is
>
> ns: _o195 handle #
>
>         -&
>
>  74758 35783681 620956160: no value given for parameter "from" to "_o195"
>     (Agent/Mcast/Prune handle line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "_o195 handle #"
>

> If I change it to CtrMcast I get
>
> ns: _o195 handle  81 -1 1: no value given for parameter "group" to "_o195"
>     (Agent/Mcast/Prune handle line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "_o195 handle  81 -1 1"
>

> This mystifies me somewhat since my code does not create an Mcast/Prune agent

The mcast routing protocols (DM,detailedDM) create Prune agents as a part
of setting up the multicast tree. I don't know about your RM
implementation but you might want to take a look at the mcast internals
from the ns documentation (chpt 15) at:
http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/ns/ns-documentation.html

--Padma.

> anywhere.  (My code seemed to work fine with other networks)  Could anyone
> suggest where the bug might be?  I've been trying to figure it out for a
> while...
> 						Ash

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar
ISI/USC.
310.822.1511 #352