Help! Can not do make depend!

Hi,

After successfully installed NS and passed all validating tests, I tried
to add a new header to the NS packet. I followed each step mentioned in
Mr. Marc Greis's tutorial to modify the necessary files. After that, I
tried to recompile the whole thing. At the first time, when I typed 'make
depend', it told me that no rule to make 'emulate/nat.cc'. I checked the
"Makefile", and I thought it should be 'net.cc', not 'nat.cc'. I changed
it, and redo the make depend. This time I got "command not found" error!
Apparently a "./conf/mkdep" file is required to do the work, but I
couldn't find it in the ns-2 directory. Did I miss something here? Please
tell me what should I do?

Thanks
Ying Sun
Department of Computer Science