Re: mem-trace yet again

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:52:06 BST, Lloyd Wood wrote:
>I've just grabbed and built the most recent snapshot (13 September),
>which is back to breaking badly on Sparc20s with Solaris 2.4:
>
>mem-trace.h: In method `void MemInfo::checkpoint()':
>In file included from scheduler.cc:49:
>mem-trace.h:67: warning: implicit declaration of function `int
>getrusage(...)'
>
>petra.ee.surrey.ac.uk[9]> ./ns
>ld.so.1: ./ns: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found: getrusage:
>referenced in ./ns
>Killed
>

>Did you have to back out of the (in my experience successful) fixes
>for another platform? (John?)

What did "configure" report?
There should be two lines

    checking for perl... /usr/local/bin
(these two, from here)
    checking for getrusage... (cached) yes
    checking for sbrk... (cached) yes
(to here)
    Explicitly disabling static compilation
    checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
    checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c

I presume that on Solaris 2.4 it would say "getrusage... no"
and then HAVE_GETRUSAGE should not be in the compile lines.
Is this not the case?

   -John Heidemann