Error: Please correct the problem or re-run with --with-tcl=no....

Folks,

I am so sorry for having to basically repeat a problem that many people have actually
emailed me with solutions. Basically it involves the installation of ns-allinone-2.1ab and
indeed trying to install the pieces individually. I just can not get past the following error
message.

In my .install file I have the line
checking for tclsh8.0... no
checking for tclsh... no
checking for tclsh7.6... no
configure: error: installation of tcl seems incomplete
Please correct the problem or re-run with --with-tcl=no. otcl
configuration failed! Exiting...

I know that I am a newbie to unix but I have been at this (on and off) for a week now. The
only reason I haven't given up is that I must use NS for my research. I'm familiar with the
world of computing where getting a package installed is half the battle but this one is really
frustrating me.

I will list some of the things that people have told me to do which I know are correct in
themselves yet I still can;t get past this part of the installation. I am even going to do the
weird thing of giving the address of my server and my login and password in case any good
samaritan's out there have the time and knowledge to help a poor student like me get up
and running in NS.

My server is 'burnside.infc.ulst.ac.uk'
My login is 'phkjc' and my password is 'heirs6'

I trust the users of this list!

I'm using solaris 2.4. Here's some of the kind things that people have sent me and I have
used them. I've also tried to install the pieces and ./configure and then make but no use.

_______________________________________

>>Yes, I met the same problem before. I noticed that someone
>>has already replied your mail. His method is basiclly the
>>same as what I have done. I added the tcl path to the path
>>variable.
>>I am using Solaris 2.6. If you don't have Tcl on your machine,
>>you need to install it. I suggest that you use ns-allinone package.
>>All the required parts for ns are included in it. I used it and
>>installed successfully.

>>If you did not install tcl, you have to do it first.
>>If you did, you might try to configure --with-tcl=<tcl-path>
>>Hope this helps.

>>I run ns configure on Solaris 2.4 with the single line:

>>configure --disable-static --with-tcl=$HOME/ns/tcl8.0
>>--with-tcl-ver=8.0 --with-otcl=$HOME/ns/otcl
>>--with-tclcl=$HOME/ns/tclcl --with-perl=/usr/local/bin
>>--with-tk=$HOME/ns/tk8.0 --with-tk-ver=8.0
>>--with-dmalloc=$HOME/ns/dmalloc --enable-debug
>>--with-tcldebug=$HOME/ns/tcl-debug

>>...as you can see, I installed all the components myself, so I tell it
>>where they are.
Faculty of Informatics
University Of Ulster
Cromore Road