Re: Using nam

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Nabil Bitar wrote:

> I am trying to use nam-1 that was distributed with ns-2.lbl2. When I
> have three or four nodes and simple links, I can control the display
> pretty well. However, for a specific topology that I have consisting of
> about 40 nodes, the display comes out to be pretty messy. How can I
> control where each node be placed on the display? Your response will be
> greatly appreciated.

I've found that more recent nam's autolayout works extremely well for
complex topologies. I'd suggest forgetting trying to lay things out by
hand in the tcl script, using nam 1.0a4 or later, and fiddling
with autolayout parameters. If, like me, your topologies are very
symmetrical, turn off 'Recalc' in nam 1.0a5 and later, which throws
distortion into the layout.

Beyond that, you can fine-tune by hand using Views/Edit View to see
what's happening and to move individual nodes around.

Cheers,

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>PGP<[email protected]>