Re: multicast on some links

> Hi!
>
> I wonder if it is possible to have multicast (Simulator set
> NumberInterfaces 1) on just some links in the topology? Is it hard to
> change the implementation so this will work?

Currently I believe this is not supported (at least for the detailed
version of multicast not sure about the centralized version)... the
problem is that multicast uses the unicast routing information to build
the RPF trees... so if the RPF nbr pointed to by unicast leads to a
non-multicast router (i.e. node) then multicast will fail... unless you
ensure convexity of the multicast region, or tunnel over unicast-only
nodes (which would like simulating the mbone... and is by no means a
trivial task).. !

Regards,
-A