Re: hierarchical, multicast routing etc

> Oh right, ns/tcl/ex/simple-eqp1.tcl
> is quite handy in understanding the command set here.
>
> I was doing as per nsDoc 15.1:
>
> $ns $linktype $n($node1) $n($node2) $bandwidth $propdelay $queuemethod
> $ns cost $n($node1) $n($node2) $propdelaycost
> $ns cost $n($node2) $n($node1) $propdelaycost

Is $propdelaycost differenct from $propdelay?  Why not just assign the
cost using $propdelay? That way, the routes will always be the shortest
delay routes.

> where $linktype=="duplexlink"
>
> which apparently did nothing, yet simple-eqp1.tcl
> is using the different form:
>
> [$ns link $n2 $n4] cost 2
>
> to set the costs instead, which must be what you are talking about.
>
> So, I changed to:
> [$ns link $n2 $n4] cost $propdelaycost
>
> (where $propdelay is no larger than 31)
>
> and now when I run my simulation with this cost code I get... no
> traffic trace data to speak of, no scale in nam output, etc. Just
> the topology. Suggestions?

This is odd. THe two lines

$ns cost <node1> <node2> <cost>
[$ns link <node1> <node2>] cost <cost>

work exactly the same.  Did you assign costs for both directions, like you
did in the '$ns cost <node1> <node2> <cost>' version?

cheers,
-Polly