Re: installation/mobility

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Sid Takkella wrote:

> HI:
>
> MY PLATFORM - WINDOWS 95
>
> I have downloaded a binary form of ns, ns-2.1b4.   also, i downloaded the new mobility module.  i have the following questions.
>
> 1) can i integrate the two or do i have to use ns-2.1b3 version.

you could try to integrate with ns's current version.
however you should be able to use their code (for lower versions that is)
as well- to save extra work;
since we are in the process of integrating the codes ourselves.

> 2) if i can integrate with ns-2.1b4, then how do i do that.
>
> 3) if i have to use ns-2.1b3, is there a binary form of it. if there is no binary version. can someone mail me the complete procedure of compiling on win95.  I had lots of problems, when i tried to compile.  Details like
> a) what changes i need to make to PATH and makefile.vc
> b) in which order should different packages be installed and under which directories.  If someone has successfuly installed on win95,  please tell me what all you had to do.

a binary version is available at
http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/ns/ns-build.html

--Padma.

> Thank you
> Sid

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar
ISI/USC.
310.822.1511 #352