RE: How to install NS2.0?

Jie Wu,

Although not having gone through the build process yet myself of ns (nor
being one of the ns developers).  I think I may know what the problem
is.

You must set the environment variables for MSVC command line compiler to
work.  I'm running visual c++ 6 and have the following file in my visual
c++ install directory

C:\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\vcvars32.bat

...you must run this batch file (or add it into autoexec.bat) to set up
the environment variables in order to build on the command line.

Hope this helps.  BTW, if anyone has successfully built ns2.0 from
source under w95/98 please let me know as I'm toying with installing
linux as I thought it wasn't possible to compile under Windows?  If it
is, hurrah!  Also, is NAM available under W95/98?

Thanks in advance,

Jason