delay and collisions in LANs?

Hi,

could anybody help me with the definition of the delay in LANs in ns.
With make-lan there comes among others a parameter for the delay. How is
this one
defined?
I'm not sure about it because there is another parameter in the Channel,
the propagation delay. Is this the time a bit needs to go from one
station to another on the cable?
Another problem I have is with collisions. I have a LAN with four nodes,
and two FTP and one CBR application running there. There seem to be some
collisions when I look at nam, but there are no collisions and therefore
no retransmissions in the tracefile.
Is this because collisions cannot be drawn exactly by nam or do I have
to modify something in the MAC or LL?
Please help, as I'm not very familiar with ns yet.

Thanks, Verena
([email protected])